Virgin Atlantic and M&S among first to use Apple mobile voucher offering
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 05 October 2012 10:40AM
Virgin Atlantic, Marks & Spencer and Harvester are among the first UK brands using Apple's new mobile voucher service Passbook.
Passbook is one of the new features available on Apple’s new operating system, iOS 6, and allows consumers to store coupons, tickets and passcards on their iPhone devices.
Apple has confirmed the first brands to be using Passbook in the UK, which include Ticketmaster, but has not given an indication of when activity will start.
Marks & Spencer is set to run a coupon campaign, which will allow users to download and store a coupon on their phone and redeem it by showing it in store.
Virgin Atlantic will be using Passbook for its customers to receive electronic boarding passes and to store membership cards, which will save customers having to present a hard copy.
While these advertisers are yet to go live with Passbook, Harvester Restaurants has kick-started a Passbook campaign today. It is running a coupon campaign giving customers £5 off a £30 spend. It is also running a mobile campaign to promote the Passbook offering.
Yesterday Starbucks announced that it will be integrating its Starbucks Card, which is a top-up card that allows users to pay for items in store, with Passbook. Currently this is not available in the UK.
Apple’s launch of iOS 6 last month was overshadowed by major errors in its new Maps app. Its chief executive has since apologised for the problems.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Planner Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £70000 per annum, London
- DESIGNERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED AND PRINT Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Sub Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager VMA Group Up to £40k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Media Manager Bray Leino £Competitive (depending on experience), Devon / Barnstaple, Devon / Bristol, City of Bristol / Filleigh, Devon
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign