Sky Movies 007 channel debuts with Skyfall premiere
Sky Movies 007, the movie channel from BSkyB, is today airing the full trailer for 'Skyfall', as well as Bond-themed ads from brands such as Coke Zero, to promote the film's release on Friday 12 October.
The trailer is the first ad on the channel, which launched today, and will be shown during every subsequent ad break today.
The Sky Movies 007 channel will be the only TV channel to air the full trailer for 'Skyfall' ahead of the film's release next week, as part of marketing activity for the film planned and bought by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Sky's own promotion of its new TV channel includes rebranding Absolute Radio 00s, Absolute Radio's digital radio station playing music from the noughties decade, as Absolute Radio 007 for today.
Absolute Radio will be hosting Bond competitions across the day, the Absolute Radio 00s station tags will be replaced with Absolute Radio 007 branding and the station will air back-to-back Bond soundtracks during its no repeat guarantee (10am to 5pm).
Sky bought the rights to the Bond films from Hollywood studio MGM in April this year and the channel launches today to mark the 50th anniversary the release of 'Dr No' starring Sean Connery, the first ever Bond film.
The tie up with Absolute Radio was planned and bought by MediaCom.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Comms Planning Director Aspire £45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum, London
- Global Account Director Aspire £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, London
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration