Sky Movies 007 channel debuts with Skyfall premiere
Sky Movies 007, the movie channel from BSkyB, is today airing the full trailer for 'Skyfall', as well as Bond-themed ads from brands such as Coke Zero, to promote the film's release on Friday 12 October.
The trailer is the first ad on the channel, which launched today, and will be shown during every subsequent ad break today.
The Sky Movies 007 channel will be the only TV channel to air the full trailer for 'Skyfall' ahead of the film's release next week, as part of marketing activity for the film planned and bought by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Sky's own promotion of its new TV channel includes rebranding Absolute Radio 00s, Absolute Radio's digital radio station playing music from the noughties decade, as Absolute Radio 007 for today.
Absolute Radio will be hosting Bond competitions across the day, the Absolute Radio 00s station tags will be replaced with Absolute Radio 007 branding and the station will air back-to-back Bond soundtracks during its no repeat guarantee (10am to 5pm).
Sky bought the rights to the Bond films from Hollywood studio MGM in April this year and the channel launches today to mark the 50th anniversary the release of 'Dr No' starring Sean Connery, the first ever Bond film.
The tie up with Absolute Radio was planned and bought by MediaCom.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director B2B Network Career Consultants £52000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Online/Offline Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £28000 per annum, Hemel Hempstead
- Sales and Marketing Administrator Brand Recruitment £22000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical Project Director, Global Agency, London £70-75K Source £70000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign