Sky runs Ginger Pig stunt ad to showcase Sky+
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 October 2012 08:30AM
BSkyB last night ran a stunt ad appearing to rewind and replay other commercials on ITV and Channel 4, to showcase the capabilities of its Sky+ offering.
Viewers saw a Ginger Pig sausages ad followed by the start of a Churchill insurance ad during 'The X Factor' on ITV and 'Homeland' on Channel 4.
The action was then rewound to the sausages ad, which was replayed several times, before the creative cut to a dog in an armchair, watching the TV and using the remote control to pause on the sizzling sausages.
It cuts to the strapline ‘Pause, rewind and play the TV you love with Sky+’. The creative was handled by WCRS and media planning and buying by MediaCom.
Sky this week rolled out its new ad campaign for Sky+, which features celebrities including Jonathan Ross, Lily Allen and Sir Chris Hoy talking about how they use it. As the campaign continues, it will promote the new features of the on-demand player, including Catch Up TV and the new Sky+ app for iPad functionality.
The satellite platform's efforts come as it faces competition from the launch of internet-connected television service YouView, which is supported by a £10m advertising campaign and backed by ISPs TalkTalk and BT.
Luke Bradley-Jones, brand director for TV products at Sky, said: "Since launch, Sky+ has led the revolution in how we watch TV and let more than nine million households take control of their viewing.
"We’re pushing forward again by offering customers even more flexibility, more personal storage and entirely new ways of engaging with their favourite TV."
He added that with customers using Sky+ a total of more than a billion times each month, it is "the gold standard in pay-TV".
Creative directors for the campaign were Simon Robinson, Tim Robertson and Leon Jaume. The production company was Texture Films and it was directed by Max Fisher.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Account Director- Programmatic Video Platform Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Account Manager EMEA - Ad-tech Company Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & benefits , London
- Senior PR Account MAnager - Digital AF Selection £30000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Birmingham
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile