EasyJet 'holiday moments' campaign brings price back to fore
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 October 2012 09:25AM
EasyJet has brought a price tag back to its TV advertising in a new spot created by VCCP, called "holiday moments", as part of its 'Europe by easyJet' work.
The ad ends with a price focus, stating, "Europe from £39.99 one way based on two people flying," which has been present in the brand’s print and outdoor work, but did not feature in last year’s TV ad.
The ad is set to the track 'So Good' by B.O.B. and features a series of holiday scenarios, from a couple on a romantic break to three young women jumping around in their hotel room, and young children throwing water on their father as he sunbathes on the beach.
The pan-European campaign launched in the UK on Saturday (6 October) during 'The X Factor' on ITV, and has rolled out across France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Spain.
It is supported by print, outdoor and digital work.
It was directed by Phil Lind at production company Home Corp.
The team at VCCP included: Rachel Robinson, art director; Stephania Silveira, copywriter; and Will Tapp, account director. The animation was handled by Man Versus Machine.
The ad builds on last year's campaign that asked "where are you going?" and ran through a montage of photographs of people on holiday.
Last week marketing director Peter Duffy, marketing director, described the ad as the "icing on the cake" of the carrier's overhauled digital strategy, which includes easyJet’s revamped website, a mobile site and a booking app.
The latest addition to the brand's digital strategy is its development of an "Inspire me" tool, which uses a scrolling bar to display varying budgets, airports and holiday themes to European customers.
EasyJet is also launching an American booking website for the North American market wishing to travel in Europe. The site will take bookings in dollars.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Global Senior Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + Car allowance and bonus, London
- Fastrack Graduate scheme - Recruitment Jarlett de Grouchy £18000 - £23000 per annum + £40k OTE in first year, London
- Global Managing Copy Editor Creative Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum, West London
- UX / Digital Strategist BrightLemon London 36K- 40K, London (Greater)
- MW Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE , Cirencester
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote