EasyJet 'holiday moments' campaign brings price back to fore
EasyJet has brought a price tag back to its TV advertising in a new spot created by VCCP, called "holiday moments", as part of its 'Europe by easyJet' work.
The ad ends with a price focus, stating, "Europe from £39.99 one way based on two people flying," which has been present in the brand’s print and outdoor work, but did not feature in last year’s TV ad.
The ad is set to the track 'So Good' by B.O.B. and features a series of holiday scenarios, from a couple on a romantic break to three young women jumping around in their hotel room, and young children throwing water on their father as he sunbathes on the beach.
The pan-European campaign launched in the UK on Saturday (6 October) during 'The X Factor' on ITV, and has rolled out across France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Spain.
It is supported by print, outdoor and digital work.
It was directed by Phil Lind at production company Home Corp.
The team at VCCP included: Rachel Robinson, art director; Stephania Silveira, copywriter; and Will Tapp, account director. The animation was handled by Man Versus Machine.
The ad builds on last year's campaign that asked "where are you going?" and ran through a montage of photographs of people on holiday.
Last week marketing director Peter Duffy, marketing director, described the ad as the "icing on the cake" of the carrier's overhauled digital strategy, which includes easyJet’s revamped website, a mobile site and a booking app.
The latest addition to the brand's digital strategy is its development of an "Inspire me" tool, which uses a scrolling bar to display varying budgets, airports and holiday themes to European customers.
EasyJet is also launching an American booking website for the North American market wishing to travel in Europe. The site will take bookings in dollars.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency