Dixons.co.uk website to close in retail reboot
Dixons Retail, the group behind Currys and PC World, is closing its online-only business Dixons.co.uk to concentrate on its multichannel offering.
The website is set to close tomorrow, six years after the business took the Dixons brand off its bricks and mortar stores by relabelling them Currys.digital.
The move coincides with the introduction of new websites for Currys and PC World, which will be adaptable to different devices.
It comes after the business improved its multichannel offering for Currys and PC World, allowing people to order online and pick up products in-store the same day.
Kate Bickerstaffe, the UK and Ireland chief executive of Dixons Retail, told The Times: "We don’t see a place for Dixons.co.uk where we have Currys.co.uk and PCWorld.co.uk. We have done fantastic amounts of work to make sure we have fantastic pricing. I’m confident that’s the right thing to do."
The Dixons brand will continue to exist in the company’s travel shop business based in airports.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show