Dixons.co.uk website to close in retail reboot
Dixons Retail, the group behind Currys and PC World, is closing its online-only business Dixons.co.uk to concentrate on its multichannel offering.
The website is set to close tomorrow, six years after the business took the Dixons brand off its bricks and mortar stores by relabelling them Currys.digital.
The move coincides with the introduction of new websites for Currys and PC World, which will be adaptable to different devices.
It comes after the business improved its multichannel offering for Currys and PC World, allowing people to order online and pick up products in-store the same day.
Kate Bickerstaffe, the UK and Ireland chief executive of Dixons Retail, told The Times: "We don’t see a place for Dixons.co.uk where we have Currys.co.uk and PCWorld.co.uk. We have done fantastic amounts of work to make sure we have fantastic pricing. I’m confident that’s the right thing to do."
The Dixons brand will continue to exist in the company’s travel shop business based in airports.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Ecommerce Content Manager - Travel brand - £40K + bonus Salt £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- SEO/Social Media Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23-28k + Benefits, Manchester
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy