Dixons.co.uk website to close in retail reboot
Dixons Retail, the group behind Currys and PC World, is closing its online-only business Dixons.co.uk to concentrate on its multichannel offering.
The website is set to close tomorrow, six years after the business took the Dixons brand off its bricks and mortar stores by relabelling them Currys.digital.
The move coincides with the introduction of new websites for Currys and PC World, which will be adaptable to different devices.
It comes after the business improved its multichannel offering for Currys and PC World, allowing people to order online and pick up products in-store the same day.
Kate Bickerstaffe, the UK and Ireland chief executive of Dixons Retail, told The Times: "We don’t see a place for Dixons.co.uk where we have Currys.co.uk and PCWorld.co.uk. We have done fantastic amounts of work to make sure we have fantastic pricing. I’m confident that’s the right thing to do."
The Dixons brand will continue to exist in the company’s travel shop business based in airports.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Graphic Designer - Tech brands Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight FMCG Branding Designer Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Creative Lead - Fashion Network Career Consultants £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Multi Media Specialist Creative Recruitment £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad