Google launches Adwords credit card for businesses
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 08 October 2012 10:10AM
Google is starting to offer credit to UK businesses using AdWords with the launch of a dedicated credit card today.
AdWords Business Credit is specifically for small businesses enabling them to purchase AdWords on credit, which Google claims will make it easier for them to keep ads "running consistently".
Google said the card's interest rate of 11.9% is "low" and the offer represents "generous terms". The card is provided by Barclaycard and Mastercard can only be used to buy AdWords.
It has been piloting the scheme in the US for over a year. It claims that of the 1,400 businesses which took part in the scheme, 74% of respondents said they use AdWords Busness Credit as their primary payment for AdWords.
The UK is the first market to receive the card. Google has announced details of the US version, but not a launch date.
The launch comes in the week after reports emerged that Amazon was making loans to independent sellers which use its Marketplace.
Last month, Google launched a comparison tool for car insurance.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance SEO Consultant Major Players £200 - £250 per day, London
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £34000 per annum + benefits, Chester
- Senior Conceptual Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Oxfordshire