Google launches Adwords credit card for businesses
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 08 October 2012 10:10AM
Google is starting to offer credit to UK businesses using AdWords with the launch of a dedicated credit card today.
AdWords Business Credit is specifically for small businesses enabling them to purchase AdWords on credit, which Google claims will make it easier for them to keep ads "running consistently".
Google said the card's interest rate of 11.9% is "low" and the offer represents "generous terms". The card is provided by Barclaycard and Mastercard can only be used to buy AdWords.
It has been piloting the scheme in the US for over a year. It claims that of the 1,400 businesses which took part in the scheme, 74% of respondents said they use AdWords Busness Credit as their primary payment for AdWords.
The UK is the first market to receive the card. Google has announced details of the US version, but not a launch date.
The launch comes in the week after reports emerged that Amazon was making loans to independent sellers which use its Marketplace.
Last month, Google launched a comparison tool for car insurance.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film