Channel 4 to stream Fresh Meat Q&A on Twitter
Channel 4 is using Twitter to promote the start of the new series of 'Fresh Meat' and will host a live-stream question-and-answer session with actors Jack Whitehall and Joe Thomas on the social network tomorrow (9 October).
In activity created by Channel 4’s in-house social media team and OMD UK, Channel 4 will use promoted tweets to get viewers to suggest questions for the cast throughout today and tomorrow.
An exclusive viewing of the new series is taking place tomorrow evening at the Hackney Picture House in London and will be attended by the cast, Channel 4 competition winners, media and friends and family.
After the screening at 8.40pm the broadcaster’s main Twitter page @C4Insider will host a live stream of the Q&A session.
It is only the second time Twitter has hosted a live stream of an event in the UK. The first was a live stream of the première of ‘TinTin’ for Paramount Pictures.
The promoted tweets will target followers of Channel 4’s Twitter pages @C4insider and @comedyon4 as well as followers of the cast members such as Whitehall (@jackwhitehall) and Thomas.
All questions suggested via Twitter using #askfreshmeat over the next 36 hours will be collated and it is expected that 80% of the questions posed at the event will come from the Twitter audience.
The new series of 'Fresh Meat' starts at 10pm tomorrow evening on Channel 4.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London
- Business Director Stopgap £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £24,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood