Sony to launch Bond-style campaign
Sony is launching a James Bond-themed commercial during next week's 'X Factor' for the launch of its Xperia smartphone.
The 30-second ad has been created by Iris and Ridley Scott Associates and directed by Joe Carnaham, who was behind blockbuster films including, 'Smokin Aces' and 'The A-Team'.
To promote Sony’s new Xperia smartphone as the official phone of the new James Bond film, 'Skyfall', the Bond-style ad features a man on a mission, driving a speedboat, car and climbing over buildings.
However, the acutally phone is not showed on screen until the end of the ad the man's Bond mission is reveled to be getting to a shop to buy the new Xperia.
The Hollywood-style spot features original Bond assets including an Aston Martin Vantage V12 and a Frauscher speedboat.
Ant Melder was the copywriter on the ad and Simon Mannion was the art director. Shaun McIlrath was the executive creative director on the ad.
The campaign will run in 26 different markets, including the UK, US, Germany, France and Mexico and will be supported by press, outdoor, online and retail.
'Skyfall', the upcoming 23rd installment of the Bond series, will launch on 26 October.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum + dependent on experience, Oxford
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - Leading eCommerce Business ADLIB up to £55,000 + benefits, Bristol
- Head of PR AF Selection £50,000 - £55,000 plus benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Marketing Manager EMR £65000 - £75000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media