Mondelez fuses Oreo and Cadbury Dairy Milk
marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 08 October 2012 12:03PM
Mondelez International, the snacks business spun out of Kraft Foods which owns Cadbury, has created a new chocolate bar combining Cadbury Dairy Milk and US brand Oreo.
The bar, called Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo, will be available from this week, priced at £1.42 for 120g bars.
It will be a milk chocolate bar containing a creamy filling with Oreo cookie pieces.
Mondelez believes that combining the two bars is a natural fit, which will help raise the reputation of each bar individually.
Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo is expected to be supported by a significant marketing spend over the coming months.
Kraft is increasingly looking at innovative ways to make new products. Earlier this year, it looked to take on rival Nutella in the breakfast spread market by combining its Cadbury chocolate and Philadelphia Light brands to launch a new chilled chocolate spread.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Head of PR, Luxury Travel, Surrey, £60-65k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, London (Greater) / Surrey
- Lead Promotions Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Senior Brand Manager Weetabix Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, London (Greater) / Northamptonshire / Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Lead Pricing Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup