Jägermeister readies UK TV debut
Jägermeister is preparing its first foray into TV advertising in the UK as it looks to combat perceptions of the drink solely as a 'party-starter'. It has also appointed The Red Brick Road to its ad account.
The herbal liqueur, which has concentrated on experiential and music-festival tie-ups, will be positioned as an ice-cold, neat shot. Currently, the brand is widely served with energy drinks as a ‘Jägerbomb’.
Katja Gebert, area manager for Western Europe, Jägermeister, told Marketing: ‘We want to educate consumers about the brand and product; there’s more to discover.’ The brand is planning TV activity to reach a wider audience than it has previously achieved with its festival activation.
However, music partnerships will remain key to the strategy, which Gebert called a ‘win-win situation’ and part of Jägermeister’s ‘DNA’. In 2011, 5m bottles of Jägermeister were sold in the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mobile Developer - £40-50K P/A, with benefits Fill Recruitment Ltd £40-50K P/A, with benefits, Colchester - Essex
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, South East region
- Promotions Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager - Alcohol Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, South East
- Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Mother protests Russian homophobia with gay nesting dolls
- Campaign Viral Chart: Canadian airline's Christmas 'miracle' tops chart
- KFC unveils Twitter comp winner in X Factor ad
- EE uses Santa as a case study to promote 4G
- Top 10 digital innovations