Jägermeister readies UK TV debut
Jägermeister is preparing its first foray into TV advertising in the UK as it looks to combat perceptions of the drink solely as a 'party-starter'. It has also appointed The Red Brick Road to its ad account.
The herbal liqueur, which has concentrated on experiential and music-festival tie-ups, will be positioned as an ice-cold, neat shot. Currently, the brand is widely served with energy drinks as a ‘Jägerbomb’.
Katja Gebert, area manager for Western Europe, Jägermeister, told Marketing: ‘We want to educate consumers about the brand and product; there’s more to discover.’ The brand is planning TV activity to reach a wider audience than it has previously achieved with its festival activation.
However, music partnerships will remain key to the strategy, which Gebert called a ‘win-win situation’ and part of Jägermeister’s ‘DNA’. In 2011, 5m bottles of Jägermeister were sold in the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Digital Strategist - West London Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k + good benefits, West London
- Head of Business Development - Group Head Sports Ultimate Asset £50000 - £70000 per annum + Which includes Bonus, London
- Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England