Daily Diary - clash of the football titans
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 09 October 2012 11:13AM
When Grey and AMV BBDO clash it's normally before a pitch but this time they met as opposing teams in an altogether different type of competition.
The two big London agencies came together over the weekend to settle who were the football champions.
Pre-match controversy ensued after favourites AMV BBDO FC tried to register 247 players for the game but was forced to stick to a usual 11-player squad by the local FA.
AMV’s intimidation initially paid off as the team raced to a 3-1 lead against Grey LDN X1.
A shell-shocked Grey soon found their form however, as new business manager and striker, Gareth Hall, dragged his team back into the game with an emphatic 20-minute hat trick, sending fans into a cider-fuelled frenzy on a warm day in Ladbroke Grove.
And the grudge match was settled once and for all in the second half, with a nerveless performance and two further goals from the boys from Hatton Garden, leaving the final score Grey LDN X1 6 – AMV BBDO FC 3.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email email@example.com
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Developer Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Account Executive Beyond The Book Negotiable, Northampton
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £28000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £31500 per annum + 12 months, London
- Database Administrator Stopgap £80 - £100 per day + 3 days per week - 3 months, London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media