Great British Art Debate 'Pocket Art Gallery' by AllofUs
Campaign Work, Tuesday, 09 October 2012 11:10AM
AllofUs has created a free mobile app that allows users to access galleries across the country, virtually curate their own one and position artworks in their surroundings.
The Pocket Art Gallery app was commissioned by the Great British Art Debate, a partnership between Tate Britain, Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums, Norfolk Museums & Archaeology Service and Museums Sheffield.
Users can curate their own virtual art using an augmented-reality function by looking through their iPhone camera, taking a photo of a work of art and sending it to a map – for example, a shot of Sir John Everett Millais’ Ophelia placed by the Thames.
The app also provides information about the artist, the history of the piece and the subject depicted.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- OOH Field Sales Business Development Manager-£65k Uncapped OTE! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £65000 per annum + Includes uncapped commission, West End
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Operations Director - Display, Video & Mobile Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London