Channel 5's joint head of trading Andy Atkinson to leave
Andy Atkinson, joint head of trading at Channel 5, is to leave the broadcaster after less than two years.
It is understood that Atkinson is planning to take some time out of the industry to go travelling with his family. His departure date has not been finalised but it is expected he will leave Channel 5 by Christmas.
Atkinson joined Channel 5 as joint head of trading in January last year as part of sales director Nick Bampton’s restructure of the network’s commercial team. He reports to Ross Belcher, trading director
It is understood that Channel 5 is considering its options and is likely to replace Atkinson directly.
Channel 5 currently splits the agency trading responsibilities between Atkinson and Phil Stewart, his fellow head of trading who has been with the broadcaster for more than nine years.
Atkinson was director of sales at Virgin Media’s former ad sales arm Ids until it was disbanded following BSkyB’s purchase of Virgin Media and UKTV’s decision to move its ad sales contract to Channel 4.
Immediately prior to joining Channel 5, Atkinson worked at Channel 4 as a consultant to help Channel 4 integrate the UKTV contract.
A spokesman for Channel 5 declined to comment.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Strategic Planner, Freelance, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £350 - £400 per annum, London
- Account Executive fishtank £20000 - £23000 per annum, Reading
- Content Writer fishtank £40,000 Pro rata, Maidenhead
- Technology Delivery Lead, Agile, Fintech Mobile App, Digital,PM Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , Chester
- Junior Account Director / Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated