Red Bull releases 'good luck' video as clock ticks on supersonic skydive
Red Bull has produced a video featuring its sponsored athletes wishing Felix Baumgartner good luck as he prepares to freefall 23 miles in a live-streamed record attempt.
The video starring members of the Red Bull team is hosted on the Red Bull Stratos website, which was developed for the project by digital agency Rockpool Digital and will host the live stream of the event this afternoon.
At around 1.30pm (UK time) Baumgartner is going to ascend to around 120,000 feet above the Earth, high enough to see its curvature, and then jump the record-breaking distance to the ground. The current world record is 97,000 feet.
Red Bull has called the jump the "biggest thing" it is doing this year and has been promoting the event through its owned websites, including Redbullstratos.com, social media channels and through PR activity.
This morning the event was featured heavily on Chris Evans’ BBC Radio 2 breakfast show and has created a lot of conversation on Twitter with people using the #livejump hashtag.
Peter Gandy, chief commercial officer at Rockpool, said Red Bull has not used any bought media to promote the event. Gandy said: "It’s very much been driven by word of mouth. The project has captured everyone’s imagination.
Red Bull Stratos is currently trending on Twitter with messages of support to Felix.
@KieronGoodman said: "Good luck to Red Bull Stratos #livejump. Freefall from the edge of space in just over 1hr. Watch it live: http://www.redbullstratos.com/live/
@Lisa_Pritchard said: Anyone else excited / intrigued / terrified by Felix Baumgartner's supersonic freefall today?? @RedBullStratos http://win.gs/6JA8i2
Rockpool Digital works with Red Bull on a retained basis and has worked with the brand for around a year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Graphic Designer / Art Director Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Manager Customer Engagement - Sports Brand (Relocation) Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Digital Sales Account Director Ultimate Asset £43000 - £45000 per annum + 15-20k comms, London
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- Ocean Outdoor finds new owners in Searchlight Capital