Video: Matt Luscombe on global challenges and IHG's new boutique brand
Matt Luscombe, senior vice president of sales and marketing, IHG, talks to Brand Republic about the biggest challenges facing the international hotel group, discusses Hotel Indigo, the newest addition to its portfolio, and offers some candid advice to graduates.
Luscombe talks about the nine Hotel Indigos now open across Europe, describing the enterprise as one of IHG's "fastest growing brands". Luscombe says, "It's what we call a lifestyle or boutique brand so it's an upscale brand but very different to what you might consider a normal branded hotel".
He describes the biggest challenge facing the hotel group, citing the "sheer complexity of the business" and the multitude of brands both in the UK and internationally.
He also offers his advice to graduates hoping to break into the marketing industry, revealing, "you can get a long way in life by making your boss look good".Follow @brproducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Planner Stopgap £300 per day, London
- Digital / Mobile Display Planner Buyer Digital Gurus £20000 - £32000 Per Annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Brand Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, Bedfordshire
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media