Video: Matt Luscombe on global challenges and IHG's new boutique brand
Matt Luscombe, senior vice president of sales and marketing, IHG, talks to Brand Republic about the biggest challenges facing the international hotel group, discusses Hotel Indigo, the newest addition to its portfolio, and offers some candid advice to graduates.
Luscombe talks about the nine Hotel Indigos now open across Europe, describing the enterprise as one of IHG's "fastest growing brands". Luscombe says, "It's what we call a lifestyle or boutique brand so it's an upscale brand but very different to what you might consider a normal branded hotel".
He describes the biggest challenge facing the hotel group, citing the "sheer complexity of the business" and the multitude of brands both in the UK and internationally.
He also offers his advice to graduates hoping to break into the marketing industry, revealing, "you can get a long way in life by making your boss look good".Follow @brproducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - Corporate Fundraising Stopgap £35000 per annum + Until December 2015, London
- Junior / Midweight Retail Designer - Award winning Agency Twist Recruitment £23000 - £27000 per annum + Really good benefits, West London
- MW Creative Team Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Midweight Video Editor Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 Per Annum, London
- Group Account Director Stopgap £60000 - £65000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad