Video: Matt Luscombe on global challenges and IHG's new boutique brand
Matt Luscombe, senior vice president of sales and marketing, IHG, talks to Brand Republic about the biggest challenges facing the international hotel group, discusses Hotel Indigo, the newest addition to its portfolio, and offers some candid advice to graduates.
Luscombe talks about the nine Hotel Indigos now open across Europe, describing the enterprise as one of IHG's "fastest growing brands". Luscombe says, "It's what we call a lifestyle or boutique brand so it's an upscale brand but very different to what you might consider a normal branded hotel".
He describes the biggest challenge facing the hotel group, citing the "sheer complexity of the business" and the multitude of brands both in the UK and internationally.
He also offers his advice to graduates hoping to break into the marketing industry, revealing, "you can get a long way in life by making your boss look good".Follow @brproducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Junior Artworker Dahling Ltd £20,000 - 25,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Junior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive, London (North), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role