Video: Matt Luscombe on global challenges and IHG's new boutique brand
Matt Luscombe, senior vice president of sales and marketing, IHG, talks to Brand Republic about the biggest challenges facing the international hotel group, discusses Hotel Indigo, the newest addition to its portfolio, and offers some candid advice to graduates.
Luscombe talks about the nine Hotel Indigos now open across Europe, describing the enterprise as one of IHG's "fastest growing brands". Luscombe says, "It's what we call a lifestyle or boutique brand so it's an upscale brand but very different to what you might consider a normal branded hotel".
He describes the biggest challenge facing the hotel group, citing the "sheer complexity of the business" and the multitude of brands both in the UK and internationally.
He also offers his advice to graduates hoping to break into the marketing industry, revealing, "you can get a long way in life by making your boss look good".Follow @brproducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Project Manager Stopgap £36000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £32000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £35000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Customer Insight Manager British Heart Foundation Up to £45,000 p/a + benefits, London
- Performance Media Planning Director - Mix of Clients Lipton Fleming Ã‚£50000 - Ã‚£58000 per annum + excellent benefits package, London
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign