DCM hires Clear Channel's Zoe Jones as marketing director
Digital Cinema Media, the cinema ad sales house, has appointed Zoe Jones, currently Clear Channel International's head of communications, as its new director of marketing, replacing Fleur Castell.
Jones will join DCM on 29 October and will be charged with developing marketing communications to support the Odeon and Cineworld-owned firm's cinema advertising sales operation.
At the end of last month DCM switched its ad serving to digital and is now able to offer brands greater flexibility and get campaigns on screen much more quickly.
Jones has been at Clear Channel since 2006. Sha has held various marketing communications roles including PR manager and head of communications at Clear Channel Outdoor UK before moving to its international business.
Earlier in her career Jones worked at the Professional Publishers Association (PPA) as editorial communications manager.
Rees said: "We were looking for someone who shared our passion for the craft of communication above all and cared about the quality of communications output.
"We’re confident we’ve found what we were looking for in Zoe."
In addition to handling the ad sales for Odeon and Cineworld cinemas DCM also has the contract for the Vue chain, giving it around 80% of the market.
Jones said: "I am thrilled to be joining DCM at such an exciting time – cinema is the most emotionally impactful medium and with DCM leading the digital transformation it is now more dynamic, flexible and creative than ever before.
"I’m looking forward to working closely with Simon and the leadership team to help push forward their ambitious and innovative plans to grow cinema's share of the media mix."
Castell left DCM at the end of last year after six years.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Interim Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35,000 to £45,000, Bagshot
- Senior Project Manager Purple Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant