Daily Diary - 105 seconds of Boris
Tory pin-up Boris Johnson was given the star treatment at his party's conference this week with a tongue-in-cheek video promo showing a stunt double riding around London on a Boris bike and recapping his zipline drama in an action film style.
Grassroots Conservative website, ConservativeHome, commissioned the Remarkable Group to create the 'Mission Imborisable' video ahead of its fringe event at this week’s Conservative conference in Birmingham.
The tongue-in-cheek Mission Impossible inspired video, set to highly dramatic music, shows a Boris lookalike riding past iconic London landmarks on a 'Boris Bike' and listening to the Spice Girls on his iPhone, a reference to the London Mayor dancing to the Spice Girls at the Olympics closing ceremony.
The video also flashes up some of Boris’s key achievements as mayor including beating "the politician that Tony Blair couldn’t beat" alongside an image of Ken Livingstone winking.
It also includes the clip of him hanging from a malfunctioning zipwire at an Olympic event.
If you have a Daily Diary please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films