VIDEO: IHG's Matt Luscombe on London 2012 sponsorship and Holiday Inn's jubilee
Matt Luscombe, InterContinental Hotels Group's (IHG) senior vice-president of sales and marketing, talks to Marketing about the company's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics and how real diamonds are being given away for Holiday Inn's 60th birthday.
Luscombe said Holiday Inn’s partnership with the London Olympic and Paralympic Games was a "real first" for the hotel industry. He said: "It is the first time a hotelier has helped to run the athlete’s village," he said, adding that the brand also "hosted" the Olympic Torch Relay.
The Holiday Inn marketing campaign run in support of the brand’s sponsorship activity was, Luscombe claims, "one of the most, if not the most, successful" campaigns for the brand to date.
IHG has gathered results of direct ROI for the UK work, claiming that "for those who saw the advertisements, their intention to stay with the Holiday Inn brand family rose by 50%".
Post-Olympics, Holiday Inn is celebrating 60 years since the first hotel was opened in Memphis, Tennessee, with a global campaign. The "Celebrating 60-years around the world" activity launched last month.
Luscombe said: "At the centre of it we have a promotion for our guests giving away £30,000 worth of diamonds.
"Guests checking in to Holiday Inns will find, not every guest, admittedly, but some lucky ones will find under their pillow a diamond, and we are giving clues away on our Facebook page as to where the diamonds can be found."
Marketing’s profile of Luscombe will be published online later today.
Video produced by Georgina Brazier. Follow the producers on twitter @BRProducersFollow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch