VIDEO: IHG's Matt Luscombe on London 2012 sponsorship and Holiday Inn's jubilee
Matt Luscombe, InterContinental Hotels Group's (IHG) senior vice-president of sales and marketing, talks to Marketing about the company's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics and how real diamonds are being given away for Holiday Inn's 60th birthday.
Luscombe said Holiday Inn’s partnership with the London Olympic and Paralympic Games was a "real first" for the hotel industry. He said: "It is the first time a hotelier has helped to run the athlete’s village," he said, adding that the brand also "hosted" the Olympic Torch Relay.
The Holiday Inn marketing campaign run in support of the brand’s sponsorship activity was, Luscombe claims, "one of the most, if not the most, successful" campaigns for the brand to date.
IHG has gathered results of direct ROI for the UK work, claiming that "for those who saw the advertisements, their intention to stay with the Holiday Inn brand family rose by 50%".
Post-Olympics, Holiday Inn is celebrating 60 years since the first hotel was opened in Memphis, Tennessee, with a global campaign. The "Celebrating 60-years around the world" activity launched last month.
Luscombe said: "At the centre of it we have a promotion for our guests giving away £30,000 worth of diamonds.
"Guests checking in to Holiday Inns will find, not every guest, admittedly, but some lucky ones will find under their pillow a diamond, and we are giving clues away on our Facebook page as to where the diamonds can be found."
Marketing’s profile of Luscombe will be published online later today.
Video produced by Georgina Brazier. Follow the producers on twitter @BRProducersFollow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Nielsen Data & Sales Analyst Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£28K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Designer- super cool agency Dahling Ltd £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Senior Brand Managers - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£65K-£70K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Packaging Designer Premier Media £120 - £200 per day, City of London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues