Harrods calls creative pitch
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 October 2012 08:00AM
Harrods, the luxury department store, is seeking an agency to handle its UK advertising account.
The retailer is conducting a review of the business through The Haystack Group, which comes ahead of an expected increase in advertising activity.
The bulk of Harrods’ current spend is across radio, press and outdoor advertising, according to Nielsen. Radioville is the incumbent on the radio business and PHD handles Harrods’ media account, which will be unaffected by the review.
The move to appoint a new advertising agency comes as the retailer looks to build a long-term presence in the growing luxury-store market.
Last year, the Qatar Holding-owned department store launched a transactional mobile site and online magazine as part of a raft of new digital initiatives to push the brand internationally.
Harrods also set up a media arm to sell advertising opportunities across its assets, including its Knightsbridge store. Harrods Media sells space on digital screens in-store, as well as in shop windows, posters and displays, lift wraps, Harrods Magazine and its iPhone app.
The department store posted record pre-tax profits of £125.3 million in the year to 28 January – a 15 per cent rise.
Harrods declined to comment on the review.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE or permanent Royds Raphael £30k-£35k+ pro rata, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - GLOBAL BRANDING, INNOVATION & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £75k-£80k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - BRAND STRATEGY & DESIGN freelance contract & permanent role Royds Raphael £35k-£40k+ dep. on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Strategy Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)