Dove hands BBH global brief for men's range
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 October 2012 08:00AM
Unilever has awarded a large global advertising project for its Dove Men+Care range to Bartle Bogle Hegarty's London and New York offices without a pitch.
The business, which will be shared between the Publicis-owned network's two offices, covers the European and North American markets. Ogilvy & Mather, the global incumbent, still retains a portion of the Dove Men+Care business.
Dove, which is one of Ogilvy & Mather’s oldest clients, also continues its relationship with the network on its other skincare ranges.
Stacie Bright, Dove global communications director said: "We are currently working with BBH on a project for Dove Men+Care. We collaborate with many different agencies across the Dove portfolio depending on the task or media channel. Ogilvy continues to be a highly valued partner on all aspects of the Dove brand."
The Dove Men+Care range launched in 2010 with a TV ad, which aired during the Super Bowl in the US in February that year.
"The Manthem" spot followed a man from birth through his life.
In the UK, the brand signed a sponsorship deal with the Welsh Rugby Union in May, which led to the Autumn International Series at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff being renamed the Dove Men Series.
After announcing the sponsorship deal, Paul O’Connor, the brand manager for Dove Men+Care, said that the brand was looking into opportunities for Welsh national players to become brand ambassadors and feature in future TV, press and outdoor ad campaigns.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Temporary Senior Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £10.00 - £12.00 per hour, Nottinghamshire
- Product Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + plus fantastic benefits, Cambridgeshire
- CRM Manager Brand Recruitment £45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, Maidenhead
- Account Executive Source £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Executive (Search Marketing) Brand Recruitment £27000 per annum + benefits, Bury St. Edmunds
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film