Omega Pharma in £50m media review
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 October 2012 08:00AM
Omega Pharma, the over-the-counter healthcare company, is reviewing its estimated £50 million global media planning and buying account.
The review is thought to encompass more than 20 of Omega’s key markets and agency networks have been invited to pitch for the consolidated brief. The UK incumbent is Total Media.
The review follows Omega’s recent acquisition of the new dietary product XLS-Medical – a tablet the company claims helps people lose up to three times more weight than dieting alone.
Earlier this year, GlaxoSmithKline sold a range of European over-the-counter health products to Omega for €470 million as part of GSK’s divestment of its consumer division.
Other brands owned by Omega include Jungle Formula, TCP, Buttercup and Prevalin.
In January 2010, the company appointed VCCP to handle its advertising account. This relationship is not thought to be affected by the review.
Omega is a Belgium-based company founded in 1987.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Brochure Artworker Purple Consultancy Ã‚£30000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, London
- Marketing Associate - London - Ã‚£45K-Ã‚£50K Adam Recruitment Ã‚£45000 - Ã‚£55000 per annum, City of London
- Media Planning Manager - Luxury Automotive Client Lipton Fleming Ã‚£38000 per annum + excellent benefits package, London
- Senior Producer/ Project Manager Purple Consultancy Ã‚£45000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum, London
- Executive Technical Producer Purple Consultancy Ã‚£60000 - Ã‚£70000 per annum, London
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton