Omega Pharma in £50m media review
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 October 2012 08:00AM
Omega Pharma, the over-the-counter healthcare company, is reviewing its estimated £50 million global media planning and buying account.
The review is thought to encompass more than 20 of Omega’s key markets and agency networks have been invited to pitch for the consolidated brief. The UK incumbent is Total Media.
The review follows Omega’s recent acquisition of the new dietary product XLS-Medical – a tablet the company claims helps people lose up to three times more weight than dieting alone.
Earlier this year, GlaxoSmithKline sold a range of European over-the-counter health products to Omega for €470 million as part of GSK’s divestment of its consumer division.
Other brands owned by Omega include Jungle Formula, TCP, Buttercup and Prevalin.
In January 2010, the company appointed VCCP to handle its advertising account. This relationship is not thought to be affected by the review.
Omega is a Belgium-based company founded in 1987.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Dot-Gap £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Client Director Aspire £80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief