Omega Pharma in £50m media review
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 October 2012 08:00AM
Omega Pharma, the over-the-counter healthcare company, is reviewing its estimated £50 million global media planning and buying account.
The review is thought to encompass more than 20 of Omega’s key markets and agency networks have been invited to pitch for the consolidated brief. The UK incumbent is Total Media.
The review follows Omega’s recent acquisition of the new dietary product XLS-Medical – a tablet the company claims helps people lose up to three times more weight than dieting alone.
Earlier this year, GlaxoSmithKline sold a range of European over-the-counter health products to Omega for €470 million as part of GSK’s divestment of its consumer division.
Other brands owned by Omega include Jungle Formula, TCP, Buttercup and Prevalin.
In January 2010, the company appointed VCCP to handle its advertising account. This relationship is not thought to be affected by the review.
Omega is a Belgium-based company founded in 1987.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Mid-weight Digital Designer Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Junior Digital Designer (Sports) Propel £22000 - £28000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, West London
- Direct Marketing Executive Direct Recruitment £25k-£28k, London (Greater)
- Senior Channels Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £60k+bonus, bens, London (Greater)
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign