SABMiller hires M&C Saatchi to handle Peroni UK account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 October 2012 10:30AM
SABMiller, the global brewing giant, has consolidated the UK advertising arrangements for its Peroni Nastro Azzurro brand into M&C Saatchi.
The agency won the account after a competitive pitch against Havas Worldwide London and JWT London.
A review of the business began in July and was conducted by The Observatory International and Claudia Falcone, the global brand director at Peroni.
Peroni works with The Bank on its global advertising account, which will be unaffected by the appointment. Arc and Holler will no longer work with the brand in the UK. Peroni spends £3 million on above-the-line advertising in the UK.
Arc was appointed to Peroni's direct marketing account in February, while Holler was awarded its digital business after a competitive pitch last month.
The Bank was behind Peroni's "primavera/estate" global campaign last year, which featured fashionable men and women in Italy during the summer months. The 60s-style ad used the recording artist Mario Biondi's version of the track My Girl.
The brand also released a six-minute film, Senza Tempo, or Timeless, in 2010. The film was set in Rome and narrated in Italian with English subtitles. It was directed by Gabriele Muccino, the man behind the films The Pursuit Of Happiness and Seven Pounds.
It told the love story of a heartbroken director and did not mention Peroni, opting instead to feature subtle camera shots of the brand.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Shopper Insight Manager Stopgap £43000 - £65000 per annum + benefits, East Midlands
- Digital Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Head of PR, FMCG & Pharma Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000 to £65000, London
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Asda brings back 'pocket tap' and adopts Walmart strap line in TV ad