Allianz Group appoints Grey London for UK advertising
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 October 2012 10:35AM
Allianz Group, the financial services company, has appointed Grey London to handle its advertising account.
The agency was hired to the business without a pitch. It is the first time Allianz has appointed a dedicated advertising agency in the UK.
Grey London will be responsible for building brand awareness so Allianz can compete in the highly competitive insurance market.
Grey Worldwide handles the bulk of Allianz's global advertising after winning the business in 2009. It launched a dedicated global division, Team Allianz@Grey, to service the account. MediaCom handles the media business.
This will be the first time Grey London has worked with the brand.
Allianz launched as a UK consumer brand in 2009, having previously sold its insurance products through Cornhill, which it acquired in 1986, and the pet insurer Petplan.
The brand ran its biggest ad campaign to date last year, in which it positioned itself as the "world's strongest financial community".
The campaign was part of Allianz's "one" strategy, which sought to place customers at the centre of its communications by featuring real people.
The appointment is separate to the review of Allianz Worldwide Care in the UK. The health brand, which is part of Allianz Group, began a review of its UK business last month after sending out an RFI to agencies.
Last year, Allianz became an official global partner for Formula One motor-racing with exclusivity within the financial services sector.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Global Midweight Graphic Designer Source £30000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Designer Source £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Freelance Senior Account Manager Source £200 - £220 per day, London
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy