McCann Manchester wins rugby league task
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 October 2012 10:55AM
The organising body for the Rugby League World Cup 2013 has appointed McCann Manchester to promote the tournament, following a pitch process.
McCann will create a campaign to help RLWC 2013 sell 500,000 tickets for the event, which kicks off in Cardiff on 26 October next year and is held in venues across England, Wales, France and Ireland.
The appointment does not affect VCCP's relationship with the Rugby Football League, which hired the agency in August to help attract more fans to the sport.
The RLWC 2013 marketing manager, Mark Foster, said: "McCann laid out an insightful strategy, coupled with great ideas, all underpinned by a tremendous track record working in sports marketing."
McCann's sports marketing director, Kevin McKay, said: "We are delighted to have secured this prestigious brief, which highlights our expertise in promoting large-scale international sporting events."
VCCP created an overarching brand campaign for the Rugby Football League, released online last month and called "the rugby league of the extraordinary", to coincide with the start of the Super League season.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Web Designer/Developer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Midweight Designer Red Sofa London £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Marketing Executive 24 Seven Inc £28,000 - £32,000 dependant on experience, London
- Senior Designer, Carpet Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP28000 - GBP31000 per annum, Coventry
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
- Initiative scoops Amazon global media business
- Marks & Spencer loses AdWords battle to Interflora