The Week expands reach with iPhone app launch
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 11 October 2012 12:13PM
Dennis Publishing is lauching an iPhone app of its weekly digest title The Week, as the publisher looks to expand its reach into mobile.
The Week iPhone app will be free to download for the first two weeks. After that users have the options of subscribing at a cost of £19.99 for three months or at £2.49 per issue.
The app will have as its exclusive partner Coutts, one of the world's oldest banks.
Content is taken predominantly from the print version, with the difference that on the iphone app edition there is a 'daily briefing' of the "top ten things you need to know".
David Weeks, strategic sales director of The Week, said of the Coutts deal: "The upscale readership of The Week combined with its premium subscription model and the proven success of its digital editions made the partnership possible."
Ian Ewart, head of products, services and marketing at Coutts, said: "We are delighted to be partnering with the The Week to launch their UK iphone edition of the magazine."
He added that Coutts was also developing a range of digital channels and was due to launch its own internet banking app. "We understand the need to continually invest in ways to provide easy access to busy people."
In the recent Audit Bureau of Circulation results (ABCs), The Week recorded a circulation of 191,401 - up 4.2% year on year.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior International Digital Account Manager - Music Accounts! Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager- Retail - up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40k-£45k plus bonus , London
- Senior Brand Manager - Consumer Health/FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, West of London/Berks