Yahoo encourages OMG! faces in latest campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 October 2012 09:11AM
Yahoo is encouraging the public to pull OMG! faces, as part of its debut UK integrated campaign to promote its celebrity gossip site omg! UK.
The campaign, which kicks off this weekend at Westfield shopping centre in Shepherd’s Bush, is the first integrated campaign Yahoo has run in the UK to promote omg! since it launched in July last year.
The campaign was created by Pitch, which also handled experiential and PR. MediaVest handled social and digital, and CBS the outdoor element part of the campaign.
Shoppers will be able to queue on a pink carpet before having their photo taken in a photo booth, pulling their best "Oh my God!" face.
On 13 and 14 October a number of celebrities will turn up to surprise participants.
Their faces will appear on digital screen in the shopping centre and they can share them on Facebook.
In addition to the experiential activity, Yahoo is encouraging fans to post their omg images on omg!’s Facebook page via an app. The best image will win a £3,000 voucher for online fashion retailer Asos, and there will also be two £500 Asos vouchers for runners up.
The competition closes on 15 November. The campaign will be supported via a promoted Twitter campaign, Facebook media, editorial coverage on the omg! Site, as well as online ads across Yahoo's network.
The last ad campaign Yahoo rolled out was to promote its sport content, during the Olympics.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- SENIOR 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS Live Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Strategy Director - Consumer PR Reuben Sinclair £65000 - £85000 Per Annum, London (Greater)
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £40K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Head of Strategy - Associate Director Level Rare Selection £70 - £80K + enhanced benefits package, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith