Yahoo encourages OMG! faces in latest campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 October 2012 09:11AM
Yahoo is encouraging the public to pull OMG! faces, as part of its debut UK integrated campaign to promote its celebrity gossip site omg! UK.
The campaign, which kicks off this weekend at Westfield shopping centre in Shepherd’s Bush, is the first integrated campaign Yahoo has run in the UK to promote omg! since it launched in July last year.
The campaign was created by Pitch, which also handled experiential and PR. MediaVest handled social and digital, and CBS the outdoor element part of the campaign.
Shoppers will be able to queue on a pink carpet before having their photo taken in a photo booth, pulling their best "Oh my God!" face.
On 13 and 14 October a number of celebrities will turn up to surprise participants.
Their faces will appear on digital screen in the shopping centre and they can share them on Facebook.
In addition to the experiential activity, Yahoo is encouraging fans to post their omg images on omg!’s Facebook page via an app. The best image will win a £3,000 voucher for online fashion retailer Asos, and there will also be two £500 Asos vouchers for runners up.
The competition closes on 15 November. The campaign will be supported via a promoted Twitter campaign, Facebook media, editorial coverage on the omg! Site, as well as online ads across Yahoo's network.
The last ad campaign Yahoo rolled out was to promote its sport content, during the Olympics.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Conceptual Copywriter - Ambitious, Strategic Agency ADLIB DOE, Bristol
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency