Sony Mobile launches Photohopping Instragram app
Sony Mobile has launched the PhotoHopping Instagram app for its Xperia devices, which enables users to create a personalised photo tour, based on their interests.
The app, created by LBi, is built on to Instragram’s API and allows its users to create music videos using photographs from the app from different cities around the world. The app is free to download.
The videos are set to the Crystal Fighters track 'Follow', which also features in Sony Mobile's advertising campaign.
Users can select a wide range of themes for the video, including football, skateboarding, karaoke, university, zoos, and moustaches. For example, users can create a surfing experience in Rio, or fashion in Milan.
Sony Mobile recently launched a worldwide TV push that introduced the 'One-touch Sharing' campaign.
This week it rolled out the next stage in the campaign, which included DubStep producer Benga doing a remix of the 'Follow' track. It also partnered with Shazam to enable users watching the TV ad to be able to download the track for free if they used the app when viewing it.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Sony Mobile global marketing boss Steve Walker departs
- Instagram disables Twitter photo feature
- How Sandy changed the game for Instagram
- Sony ads showcase technology surveilling James Bond
- Sony appoints new European marketing head amid restructure
- Think BR: Sony - a future case study in a missed opportunity
- Sony to launch Bond-style campaign
- Tesco and Sony react to cinema lead time change
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Reading
- Senior Account Manager Live Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Entrepreneurial Digital Director needed Gabriele Skelton £60000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment negotiable, St. Albans
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.