Sony Mobile launches Photohopping Instragram app
Sony Mobile has launched the PhotoHopping Instagram app for its Xperia devices, which enables users to create a personalised photo tour, based on their interests.
The app, created by LBi, is built on to Instragram’s API and allows its users to create music videos using photographs from the app from different cities around the world. The app is free to download.
The videos are set to the Crystal Fighters track 'Follow', which also features in Sony Mobile's advertising campaign.
Users can select a wide range of themes for the video, including football, skateboarding, karaoke, university, zoos, and moustaches. For example, users can create a surfing experience in Rio, or fashion in Milan.
Sony Mobile recently launched a worldwide TV push that introduced the 'One-touch Sharing' campaign.
This week it rolled out the next stage in the campaign, which included DubStep producer Benga doing a remix of the 'Follow' track. It also partnered with Shazam to enable users watching the TV ad to be able to download the track for free if they used the app when viewing it.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Communications Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Head of Development, Digital and Communications Sound and Music £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £43,000 - £46,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- 8 things I learnt as an IPA ad student
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film