HP Sauce launches first TV ad in five years
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 15 October 2012 11:30AM
HP Sauce is launching its first TV ad in five years, targeting men with a tongue-in-cheek campaign called 'HP Sauce of Manliness' that sets out to reveal "man truths".
The campaign launches today across TV, radio, social media and in-store activation to raise awareness among men aged 25 to 44.
The TV ad by M&C Saatchi discusses the "man truths guide". It includes tips such as "never, ever strike up a conversation about anything other than sport, during sport" and introduces the "manwich", bacon sandwiches made with HP Sauce.
HP Sauce will also have its own feature on TalkSport Radio's weekend breakfast on 27 October. It will be presented by Mark Saggars and Mickey Quinn and run for two months.
The ad features the work of: Joe Miller, copywriter; Tristan Cornelius, art director; Mark Goodwin, creative director; and Ulf Johansson, director. The production company was Smith & Jones.
Lucy Clark, senior brand manager for HP Sauce, said: "As this is the first HP TV advert in five years, we wanted to implement a high impact multi-media campaign around it that’s packed full of attitude and grabs the attention of younger male consumers. We think that consumers will relate to the advert and will be reminded that HP Sauce is the perfect condiment to enjoy in a bacon sandwich."
HP’s last TV ad by Beattie McGuinness Bungay in 2007 featured a man dreaming of a bacon, egg and HP sandwich, who wakes up to find his girlfriend eating one.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Development Manager, Events,London,£40k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £36000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Car Allow & benefits, London
- Brand Manager- Consumer Goods- £40k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned