HP Sauce launches first TV ad in five years
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 15 October 2012 11:30AM
HP Sauce is launching its first TV ad in five years, targeting men with a tongue-in-cheek campaign called 'HP Sauce of Manliness' that sets out to reveal "man truths".
The campaign launches today across TV, radio, social media and in-store activation to raise awareness among men aged 25 to 44.
The TV ad by M&C Saatchi discusses the "man truths guide". It includes tips such as "never, ever strike up a conversation about anything other than sport, during sport" and introduces the "manwich", bacon sandwiches made with HP Sauce.
HP Sauce will also have its own feature on TalkSport Radio's weekend breakfast on 27 October. It will be presented by Mark Saggars and Mickey Quinn and run for two months.
The ad features the work of: Joe Miller, copywriter; Tristan Cornelius, art director; Mark Goodwin, creative director; and Ulf Johansson, director. The production company was Smith & Jones.
Lucy Clark, senior brand manager for HP Sauce, said: "As this is the first HP TV advert in five years, we wanted to implement a high impact multi-media campaign around it that’s packed full of attitude and grabs the attention of younger male consumers. We think that consumers will relate to the advert and will be reminded that HP Sauce is the perfect condiment to enjoy in a bacon sandwich."
HP’s last TV ad by Beattie McGuinness Bungay in 2007 featured a man dreaming of a bacon, egg and HP sandwich, who wakes up to find his girlfriend eating one.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Creative Copywriter | Retail and Digital Salt £120 - £150 per day, City of London
- PPC Manager Adam Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Studio Operations Director Red Sofa London £70000 - £110000 per annum, Basel
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy