Nestlé sends KitKat into space for Felix Baumgartner
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 15 October 2012 12:17PM
Nestlé sent a KitKat into space this weekend in order to show support for Felix Baumgartner ahead of his skydive from the edge of space.
The Break from Gravity project saw the four-fingered chocolate bar sent to a height of 22 miles after beginning its ascent from Cambridgeshire at 11.20am on Saturday (13 October).
JWT London conceived the campaign as a way of keeping Baumgartner’s "spirits high" ahead of yesterday’s skydive, which saw him jump from a balloon 24 miles above New Mexico and break the sound barrier in the process.
Baumgartner had been preparing for the record-breaking skydive, which was sponsored by Red Bull, for five years and in the lead-up to yesterday’s jump the mission had to be delayed several times to await the perfect conditions.
The activity by KitKat is designed to fit in with the brand’s "have a break" strategy and saw camera footage shared via the brand’s social media channels.
Footage was posted on the KitKat Facebook page and on Twitter, where users were encouraged to use the hashtag #breakfromgravity.
Creative directors for the campaign were Barry Christie and Jason Berry.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - Software SolutionsPT To £30,000 + Bonus and Generous Benefits, SK8 3GX, Cheadle
- Insight Manager EMR £65000 - £75000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Digital Project Manager - Digital Agency £35K Source £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Analyst **Prestigious and Forward Thinking Media Agency** Lipton Fleming £30000 - £40000 per annum + fantastic benefits, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff