Nestlé sends KitKat into space for Felix Baumgartner
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 15 October 2012 12:17PM
Nestlé sent a KitKat into space this weekend in order to show support for Felix Baumgartner ahead of his skydive from the edge of space.
The Break from Gravity project saw the four-fingered chocolate bar sent to a height of 22 miles after beginning its ascent from Cambridgeshire at 11.20am on Saturday (13 October).
JWT London conceived the campaign as a way of keeping Baumgartner’s "spirits high" ahead of yesterday’s skydive, which saw him jump from a balloon 24 miles above New Mexico and break the sound barrier in the process.
Baumgartner had been preparing for the record-breaking skydive, which was sponsored by Red Bull, for five years and in the lead-up to yesterday’s jump the mission had to be delayed several times to await the perfect conditions.
The activity by KitKat is designed to fit in with the brand’s "have a break" strategy and saw camera footage shared via the brand’s social media channels.
Footage was posted on the KitKat Facebook page and on Twitter, where users were encouraged to use the hashtag #breakfromgravity.
Creative directors for the campaign were Barry Christie and Jason Berry.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham