Chicago Town 'takeaway' push takes aim at Domino's and Pizza Hut
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 October 2012 09:05AM
Chicago Town is running a national press campaign for its new range of pizzas, featuring the strapline, "blown away by takeaway".
The creative by Life Agency is running across women's and entertainment publications and will be supported by a give away of 500,000 free pizza vouchers on-pack and in print.
The activity boasts that Chicago Town has been voted the "number one pizza" versus Domino’s and Pizza Hut following a blind taste test that took into account taste, description and price.
MEC Manchester is handling media planning and buying for the four week campaign.
The Dr Oetker-owned Chicago Town is pushing three thin crust pizzas as an alternative to its stuffed crust range. The new flavours include cheese and tomato, chicken and bacon melt, and the limited edition sloppy Joe.
Jan McKee, head of marketing at Dr Oetker froxen foods, said: "The launch of Classic Thin crust will broaden the appeal of the Chicago Town Takeaway brand. Offering consumers a choice of crust styles, classic thin or stuffed, together with our new Limited Edition Sloppy Joe flavour, continues our strategy of providing a credible alternative to high street takeaways, diverting spend to frozen pizza delivering real category growth."Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 per annum, City of London
- Display Campaign Executive - Top 3 Digital Agency Reuben Sinclair bonus, benefits, pension, healthcare, N1 London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Products Future £competitive with excellent benefits, Bath
- Digital Display Manager - Fab Agency! GoodEgg Digital £Neg+ great benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM and Business Data Analyst Ninesharp £32000 - £40000 per annum + Great Benefits, Slough
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy