Chicago Town 'takeaway' push takes aim at Domino's and Pizza Hut
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 October 2012 09:05AM
Chicago Town is running a national press campaign for its new range of pizzas, featuring the strapline, "blown away by takeaway".
The creative by Life Agency is running across women's and entertainment publications and will be supported by a give away of 500,000 free pizza vouchers on-pack and in print.
The activity boasts that Chicago Town has been voted the "number one pizza" versus Domino’s and Pizza Hut following a blind taste test that took into account taste, description and price.
MEC Manchester is handling media planning and buying for the four week campaign.
The Dr Oetker-owned Chicago Town is pushing three thin crust pizzas as an alternative to its stuffed crust range. The new flavours include cheese and tomato, chicken and bacon melt, and the limited edition sloppy Joe.
Jan McKee, head of marketing at Dr Oetker froxen foods, said: "The launch of Classic Thin crust will broaden the appeal of the Chicago Town Takeaway brand. Offering consumers a choice of crust styles, classic thin or stuffed, together with our new Limited Edition Sloppy Joe flavour, continues our strategy of providing a credible alternative to high street takeaways, diverting spend to frozen pizza delivering real category growth."Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Artworker (Corporate Communications, Annual Reports) Creative Recruitment £32000 per annum, London
- Pricing Analyst Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Senior customer & Market Intelligence Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Product Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show