Unilever appoints Goldstone to UK food marketing role
Unilever has recruited former Premier Foods group marketer Jon Goldstone to oversee the company's food and ice-cream category in the UK and Ireland.
Goldstone, one of the architects of Premier Foods’ Powerbrands strategy, focusing marketing on eight key brands, will take over Hazel Detsiny’s role as vice-president of brand-building, foods and ice cream, from next month, while she takes maternity leave.
He will be given a permanent position within Unilever when Detsiny returns next year.
Goldstone left Premier Foods amid a restructure in February, under which the managing director of the bakery and grocery division, Iwan Williams, absorbed Goldstone’s marketing duties.
Goldstone will oversee marketing strategies for the Flora and Ben & Jerry’s brands, among others. His role will sit alongside that of Iain Potter, vice-president of Unilever’s home and personal category in the UK and Ireland.
Prior to joining Premier Foods in 2008, Goldstone held marketing roles at Kraft Foods, Coca-Cola, Campbell Soups and PepsiCo.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Adam & Eve/DDB retains £11m UK Flora ad account
- PepsiCo expected to name new marketing chief within weeks
- Unilever's Jon Goldstone: A great brand can't stand for 'cheap'
- Unilever's Amanda Sourry: Why we are focusing on food waste
- Stork returns to TV with first new product for 20 years
- Premier Foods hires ex-Sainsbury's and United Biscuits marketers
- Goldstone to exit Premier Foods
- Where did it all go wrong at Premier Foods?
- Hovis man to head Premier Foods marketing
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Sales Support Exec (Online Hospitality) Digital Gurus £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London
- Ad Ops Specialists (Online/ Digital) Digital Gurus £20000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Head of Content David Thatcher Recruitment £80-100 + benefits, London or Reading