Unilever appoints Goldstone to UK food marketing role
Unilever has recruited former Premier Foods group marketer Jon Goldstone to oversee the company's food and ice-cream category in the UK and Ireland.
Goldstone, one of the architects of Premier Foods’ Powerbrands strategy, focusing marketing on eight key brands, will take over Hazel Detsiny’s role as vice-president of brand-building, foods and ice cream, from next month, while she takes maternity leave.
He will be given a permanent position within Unilever when Detsiny returns next year.
Goldstone left Premier Foods amid a restructure in February, under which the managing director of the bakery and grocery division, Iwan Williams, absorbed Goldstone’s marketing duties.
Goldstone will oversee marketing strategies for the Flora and Ben & Jerry’s brands, among others. His role will sit alongside that of Iain Potter, vice-president of Unilever’s home and personal category in the UK and Ireland.
Prior to joining Premier Foods in 2008, Goldstone held marketing roles at Kraft Foods, Coca-Cola, Campbell Soups and PepsiCo.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Integrated Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- International B2B Account Director SYLEX Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign