Unilever appoints Goldstone to UK food marketing role
Unilever has recruited former Premier Foods group marketer Jon Goldstone to oversee the company's food and ice-cream category in the UK and Ireland.
Goldstone, one of the architects of Premier Foods’ Powerbrands strategy, focusing marketing on eight key brands, will take over Hazel Detsiny’s role as vice-president of brand-building, foods and ice cream, from next month, while she takes maternity leave.
He will be given a permanent position within Unilever when Detsiny returns next year.
Goldstone left Premier Foods amid a restructure in February, under which the managing director of the bakery and grocery division, Iwan Williams, absorbed Goldstone’s marketing duties.
Goldstone will oversee marketing strategies for the Flora and Ben & Jerry’s brands, among others. His role will sit alongside that of Iain Potter, vice-president of Unilever’s home and personal category in the UK and Ireland.
Prior to joining Premier Foods in 2008, Goldstone held marketing roles at Kraft Foods, Coca-Cola, Campbell Soups and PepsiCo.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director for agency in North London Gabriele Skelton £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Administrative Assistant/Project Manger Red Sofa London £28000 - £30000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Artworker Source £28000 - £29000 per annum, London
- Creative Content Manager. Daniel Marks London £50-60k, London