Unilever appoints Goldstone to UK food marketing role
Unilever has recruited former Premier Foods group marketer Jon Goldstone to oversee the company's food and ice-cream category in the UK and Ireland.
Goldstone, one of the architects of Premier Foods’ Powerbrands strategy, focusing marketing on eight key brands, will take over Hazel Detsiny’s role as vice-president of brand-building, foods and ice cream, from next month, while she takes maternity leave.
He will be given a permanent position within Unilever when Detsiny returns next year.
Goldstone left Premier Foods amid a restructure in February, under which the managing director of the bakery and grocery division, Iwan Williams, absorbed Goldstone’s marketing duties.
Goldstone will oversee marketing strategies for the Flora and Ben & Jerry’s brands, among others. His role will sit alongside that of Iain Potter, vice-president of Unilever’s home and personal category in the UK and Ireland.
Prior to joining Premier Foods in 2008, Goldstone held marketing roles at Kraft Foods, Coca-Cola, Campbell Soups and PepsiCo.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing and Student Recruitment Manager Stopgap Ã‚£36000 per annum + benefits, South West England
- Digital Performance Manager Salt Ã‚£300 - Ã‚£350 per day, West End
- Senior Broadcast Buyer - Leading Gaming & Confectionery Clients Ultimate Asset Ã‚£28000 - Ã‚£32000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Head of Social Aspire Ã‚£70000.00 - Ã‚£95000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Data Analyst with Creative Agency Gemini Search Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£40000.00 per annum, City of London