Sony appoints new European marketing head amid restructure
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 October 2012 08:00AM
Sony has overhauled its UK marketing operations, adopting a pan-European structure as part of plans to revitalise the business.
Sales and marketing staff in Europe have been in a consultation process since April, after it emerged that the brand was to cut 1000 jobs in the region.
Sony has unveiled a new-look team of marketers, with head of marketing for Europe Gildas Pelliet at the helm. Pelliet was formerly Sony UK and Ireland managing director.
He will still be based in the brand’s office at Weybridge, Surrey, and be supported by nine platform and product marketing heads.
Marketing in the UK will be led by Shaun Dorrington, with Matt Coombe remaining as head of brand and consumer activity.
A Sony spokeswoman would not reveal details of how many UK marketers will be leaving as a result of the restructure.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Web Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital Communications Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief