Sony appoints new European marketing head amid restructure
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 October 2012 08:00AM
Sony has overhauled its UK marketing operations, adopting a pan-European structure as part of plans to revitalise the business.
Sales and marketing staff in Europe have been in a consultation process since April, after it emerged that the brand was to cut 1000 jobs in the region.
Sony has unveiled a new-look team of marketers, with head of marketing for Europe Gildas Pelliet at the helm. Pelliet was formerly Sony UK and Ireland managing director.
He will still be based in the brand’s office at Weybridge, Surrey, and be supported by nine platform and product marketing heads.
Marketing in the UK will be led by Shaun Dorrington, with Matt Coombe remaining as head of brand and consumer activity.
A Sony spokeswoman would not reveal details of how many UK marketers will be leaving as a result of the restructure.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London
- Business Director Stopgap £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £24,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood