Sony appoints new European marketing head amid restructure
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 October 2012 08:00AM
Sony has overhauled its UK marketing operations, adopting a pan-European structure as part of plans to revitalise the business.
Sales and marketing staff in Europe have been in a consultation process since April, after it emerged that the brand was to cut 1000 jobs in the region.
Sony has unveiled a new-look team of marketers, with head of marketing for Europe Gildas Pelliet at the helm. Pelliet was formerly Sony UK and Ireland managing director.
He will still be based in the brand’s office at Weybridge, Surrey, and be supported by nine platform and product marketing heads.
Marketing in the UK will be led by Shaun Dorrington, with Matt Coombe remaining as head of brand and consumer activity.
A Sony spokeswoman would not reveal details of how many UK marketers will be leaving as a result of the restructure.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand & Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads