Sony appoints new European marketing head amid restructure
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 October 2012 08:00AM
Sony has overhauled its UK marketing operations, adopting a pan-European structure as part of plans to revitalise the business.
Sales and marketing staff in Europe have been in a consultation process since April, after it emerged that the brand was to cut 1000 jobs in the region.
Sony has unveiled a new-look team of marketers, with head of marketing for Europe Gildas Pelliet at the helm. Pelliet was formerly Sony UK and Ireland managing director.
He will still be based in the brand’s office at Weybridge, Surrey, and be supported by nine platform and product marketing heads.
Marketing in the UK will be led by Shaun Dorrington, with Matt Coombe remaining as head of brand and consumer activity.
A Sony spokeswoman would not reveal details of how many UK marketers will be leaving as a result of the restructure.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- ARTWORKERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED, BRANDING Live Recruitment £competitive, England
- ART DIRECTORS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED, BRANDING Live Recruitment £competitive, England
- Senior Digital Project Manager Digital Gurus £45000 - £52000 Per Annum benefits, London
- Events Producer - London based brand engagement agency - 3 month contract Bamboo Crowd £35000-£40000, London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Adam Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Manchester
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media