Nando's matches personalities with spices in tongue-in-cheek push
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 October 2012 10:20AM
Nando's is running a tongue-in-cheek "find yourself" campaign that matches people's personalities with different strengths of its peri-peri spice.
The creative is running messages including "punch yourself to wake up? Hot peri-peri is made for you, spice gladiator", and will drive people to social media channels by including a #findyourself hasthtag.
Wieden & Kennedy created the print, digital and outdoor advertising campaign, while MPG has handled the media planning and buying.
The campaign activity launches this week and is meant to prove there is a peri-peri spice for everyone, whether they are "a sensitive soul, or an unhinged nutface".
People will be encouraged to declare what spice they are via social media and can find the spice they are most suited to via a Facebook app called "peri predictor", which asks a series of situation-based questions.
Twitter users who include the #findyourself hashtag will get a "peri prediction" from @nandos_official, who will ascertain what spice they are by analysing their timeline.
Pretty Green will handle the social media activity that is tied into the campaign.
Nando’s will also use its sales data to create a spice map of the country in order to find out which areas of the UK like spicy food the most.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Foodservice - UK & Ireland McCormick Ltd £Competitive plus bonus and benefits, Buckinghamshire / Oxfordshire / Haddenham, Buckinghamshire
- Senior Digital Designer - Large Web Builds Red Sofa London £40000 - £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Manager DBG One Limited £Competitive + Benefits (Annual Bonus, Pension, Life Assurance, 25 Days Holiday, Discounted Gym), London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight Digital Designer - Big Builds Red Sofa London £40000 - £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday