Nando's matches personalities with spices in tongue-in-cheek push
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 October 2012 10:20AM
Nando's is running a tongue-in-cheek "find yourself" campaign that matches people's personalities with different strengths of its peri-peri spice.
The creative is running messages including "punch yourself to wake up? Hot peri-peri is made for you, spice gladiator", and will drive people to social media channels by including a #findyourself hasthtag.
Wieden & Kennedy created the print, digital and outdoor advertising campaign, while MPG has handled the media planning and buying.
The campaign activity launches this week and is meant to prove there is a peri-peri spice for everyone, whether they are "a sensitive soul, or an unhinged nutface".
People will be encouraged to declare what spice they are via social media and can find the spice they are most suited to via a Facebook app called "peri predictor", which asks a series of situation-based questions.
Twitter users who include the #findyourself hashtag will get a "peri prediction" from @nandos_official, who will ascertain what spice they are by analysing their timeline.
Pretty Green will handle the social media activity that is tied into the campaign.
Nando’s will also use its sales data to create a spice map of the country in order to find out which areas of the UK like spicy food the most.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Associate Creative Director The Great & The Good £58000 - £64000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Head of Marketing, Beauty, Mat Cover Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Freelance Graphics Project Manager - Exhibitions Network Career Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £42000 per annum, Norwich
- Account Director Stopgap £50000 per annum, London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity