Hearst appoints Discovery Network's Turnbull as replacement for Macleod Smith
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 October 2012 02:09PM
Hearst Magazines has appointed Amanda Turnbull as group publishing director of Esquire and Harper's Bazaar, replacing Tess Macleod Smith who left last year to join Net-a-Porter.
Turnbull will take up her new role at the start of next year.
Anna Jones, chief operating officer, has been overseeing the publishing duties at Esquire and Harper’s Bazaar since Macleod Smith departed. Jones will now solely continue in her role as chief operating officer.
Turnbull has 10 years' experience in senior sales and management roles at Hachette Filipacchi in Asia Pacific, where she had responsibility for brands including Elle.
She is currently working at Discovery Networks as director of integrated marketing and commercial partnerships.
In her new role, Turnbull will report to Jones.
Esquire has held up well in the context of a tough circulation market. Its latest ABCs (Audit Bureau of Circulations) figures reveal a circulation of 54,702 in the first half of 2012, compared to 54,548 in 2005.
Harper’s Bazaar has also bucked circulation trends. In the first six months of 2012, its circulation was 119,274, growing from 100, 102 in 2005.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Executive - Seiko UK Ltd. Ball & Hoolahan Not Disclosed, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers