3 great ads I had nothing to do with: Nick Gill
By Nick Gill, executive creative director, BBH, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 16 October 2012 03:04PM
Nick Gill, executive creative director, BBH, reveals the three ad campaigns he admires but had nothing to do with.
About the series
In this series of short films, leading Thinkbox Creative Academy members have the tricky task of selecting just three TV ads that have inspired them: brilliant commercials, old and new, that they admire but had nothing to do with.
The idea is not only to explore some of our greatest ads in the company of people who know a thing or two about making them, but also – because of the proven link between creativity and effectiveness – encourage the advertising industry to even greater heights.
We hope you enjoy the films.
To see more in this series, visit the Three Great Ads I Had Nothing To Do With archive
Nick Gill, executive creative director, BBH
Nick has been in advertising since 1984. He worked at BMP DDB for 13 years, became a founding member of Wieden and Kennedy’s London start-up and joined BBH in 1998.
He was made executive creative director of BBH in July 2008, and sits on the BBH Group Board.
During his career, Nick produced award-winning work for, amongst others, Volkswagen, Schweppes, John Courage, The Guardian, Batchelor’s, Budweiser, London Transport and the trade union Unison and has creative-directed accounts including Vodafone, Levi’s, KFC, Boddingtons, Perfetti, Surf, Microsoft X-Box, Britvic and Barnardo’s.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior / Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, Central London
- Marketing Executive Stonor £25-30K, Oxfordshire
- Head of Creative Technology Michael Page Digital £70,000 - £100,000, London
- Business Development Manager f1 Recruitment Competitive, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare