3 great ads I had nothing to do with: Nick Gill
By Nick Gill, executive creative director, BBH, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 16 October 2012 03:04PM
Nick Gill, executive creative director, BBH, reveals the three ad campaigns he admires but had nothing to do with.
About the series
In this series of short films, leading Thinkbox Creative Academy members have the tricky task of selecting just three TV ads that have inspired them: brilliant commercials, old and new, that they admire but had nothing to do with.
The idea is not only to explore some of our greatest ads in the company of people who know a thing or two about making them, but also – because of the proven link between creativity and effectiveness – encourage the advertising industry to even greater heights.
We hope you enjoy the films.
To see more in this series, visit the Three Great Ads I Had Nothing To Do With archive
Nick Gill, executive creative director, BBH
Nick has been in advertising since 1984. He worked at BMP DDB for 13 years, became a founding member of Wieden and Kennedy’s London start-up and joined BBH in 1998.
He was made executive creative director of BBH in July 2008, and sits on the BBH Group Board.
During his career, Nick produced award-winning work for, amongst others, Volkswagen, Schweppes, John Courage, The Guardian, Batchelor’s, Budweiser, London Transport and the trade union Unison and has creative-directed accounts including Vodafone, Levi’s, KFC, Boddingtons, Perfetti, Surf, Microsoft X-Box, Britvic and Barnardo’s.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham