Domestic tourism body Marketing Birmingham appoints Cogent Elliot
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 17 October 2012 12:13PM
Marketing Birmingham, the domestic tourism body, has appointed creative agency Cogent Elliot to handle its advertising following a competitive pitch.
Cogent Elliot had previously worked with the public-private strategic marketing body on a project-by-project basis, including the Birmingham Food Fest and Business Birmingham strategic campaigns.
Cogent Elliot will now work as the lead agency for Marketing Birmingham to create integrated campaigns across the body’s three marketing themes – the leisure and tourism 'Visit Birmingham' and 'Meet Birmingham' work, and the 'Business Birmingham' inward investment programme.
Neil Rami, chief executive, Marketing Birmingham, said: "As an organisation we have ambitious targets to increase the economic impact of the city’s visitor economy and to support local job creation by attracting new investors and helping indigenous businesses to grow.
"Ensuring our messages about Birmingham’s offer are communicated to our target audiences in a way that encourages action is crucial to our success. We are confident that in working with Cogent Elliott, we will be able to do this and bring real benefits to the city’s economy."
Cogent Elliot created last year's campaign for AGA’s new brand proposition. A spokesperson for the company said Tim Pile, executive chairman, will lead the account team for Marketing Birmingham.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Web Business Analyst Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum, West London
- Business Marketing Manager London & Partners £36,000.00 - £42,000.00, London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned