Domestic tourism body Marketing Birmingham appoints Cogent Elliot
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 17 October 2012 12:13PM
Marketing Birmingham, the domestic tourism body, has appointed creative agency Cogent Elliot to handle its advertising following a competitive pitch.
Cogent Elliot had previously worked with the public-private strategic marketing body on a project-by-project basis, including the Birmingham Food Fest and Business Birmingham strategic campaigns.
Cogent Elliot will now work as the lead agency for Marketing Birmingham to create integrated campaigns across the body’s three marketing themes – the leisure and tourism 'Visit Birmingham' and 'Meet Birmingham' work, and the 'Business Birmingham' inward investment programme.
Neil Rami, chief executive, Marketing Birmingham, said: "As an organisation we have ambitious targets to increase the economic impact of the city’s visitor economy and to support local job creation by attracting new investors and helping indigenous businesses to grow.
"Ensuring our messages about Birmingham’s offer are communicated to our target audiences in a way that encourages action is crucial to our success. We are confident that in working with Cogent Elliott, we will be able to do this and bring real benefits to the city’s economy."
Cogent Elliot created last year's campaign for AGA’s new brand proposition. A spokesperson for the company said Tim Pile, executive chairman, will lead the account team for Marketing Birmingham.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter