Domestic tourism body Marketing Birmingham appoints Cogent Elliot
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 17 October 2012 12:13PM
Marketing Birmingham, the domestic tourism body, has appointed creative agency Cogent Elliot to handle its advertising following a competitive pitch.
Cogent Elliot had previously worked with the public-private strategic marketing body on a project-by-project basis, including the Birmingham Food Fest and Business Birmingham strategic campaigns.
Cogent Elliot will now work as the lead agency for Marketing Birmingham to create integrated campaigns across the body’s three marketing themes – the leisure and tourism 'Visit Birmingham' and 'Meet Birmingham' work, and the 'Business Birmingham' inward investment programme.
Neil Rami, chief executive, Marketing Birmingham, said: "As an organisation we have ambitious targets to increase the economic impact of the city’s visitor economy and to support local job creation by attracting new investors and helping indigenous businesses to grow.
"Ensuring our messages about Birmingham’s offer are communicated to our target audiences in a way that encourages action is crucial to our success. We are confident that in working with Cogent Elliott, we will be able to do this and bring real benefits to the city’s economy."
Cogent Elliot created last year's campaign for AGA’s new brand proposition. A spokesperson for the company said Tim Pile, executive chairman, will lead the account team for Marketing Birmingham.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood