Bacardi brand Dewar's kicks off global contest
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 October 2012 08:00AM
Dewar's, the premium blended Scotch whisky brand owned by Bacardi-Martini, has put its global advertising account up for review.
The company has approached agency networks to invite them to pitch for the global business. Dewar’s key markets are the US, China and Japan. The brief is not thought to include the UK, where it has a limited distribution.
Bacardi-Martini is understood to have briefed agencies to elevate the brand as a global competitor to Diageo’s Johnnie Walker and Pernod Ricard’s Chivas Regal.
Dewar’s has previously worked with Saatchi & Saatchi, which won the global account in 2005 out of its New York offices.
Previous advertising for the brand showed Sean Connery speaking to a younger version of himself and used the tagline: "Some things age, others mature."
Dewar’s is the sponsor of the premier rugby union competition in Victoria, Australia. The Dewar Shield is the oldest continuous rugby competition in Australia, having run since 1909.
The brand was created by John Dewar Sr in 1846.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Account Executive - Events, London £25k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £25000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, London
- Content Copywriter - French Major Players £32000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Junior Conceptual Creative become £20k-£25k, London (Greater)