Bacardi brand Dewar's kicks off global contest
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 October 2012 08:00AM
Dewar's, the premium blended Scotch whisky brand owned by Bacardi-Martini, has put its global advertising account up for review.
The company has approached agency networks to invite them to pitch for the global business. Dewar’s key markets are the US, China and Japan. The brief is not thought to include the UK, where it has a limited distribution.
Bacardi-Martini is understood to have briefed agencies to elevate the brand as a global competitor to Diageo’s Johnnie Walker and Pernod Ricard’s Chivas Regal.
Dewar’s has previously worked with Saatchi & Saatchi, which won the global account in 2005 out of its New York offices.
Previous advertising for the brand showed Sean Connery speaking to a younger version of himself and used the tagline: "Some things age, others mature."
Dewar’s is the sponsor of the premier rugby union competition in Victoria, Australia. The Dewar Shield is the oldest continuous rugby competition in Australia, having run since 1909.
The brand was created by John Dewar Sr in 1846.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager | Up to 32k Dynamic New Alliances Up to £32K Plus Benefits Package , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Rising Star! Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, North East England / North West England
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India