Sony splits from creative agency Anomaly
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 October 2012 10:45AM
Sony is parting ways with Anomaly, its lead creative agency across Europe, after a restructure of the electronics giant's marketing department.
Anomaly, which picked up the account from Fallon in 2009, will stop working with the brand from January 2013.
Following Anomaly's split with Sony, the bulk of its advertising will be global work that is briefed out of its global headquarters in Tokyo.
Paul Graham, the Anomaly founding partner, said: "Given the work is moving back to Tokyo, we've decided we can, and should, focus on other things."
Sony's sales and marketing staff in Europe have been in a consultation process since April, following the brand's decision to cut 1,000 jobs in the region.
Sony overhauled its UK marketing operations this month, adopting a pan-European structure with the head of marketing for Europe, Gildas Pelliet, at the helm. He was formerly the Sony UK and Ireland managing director.
Pelliet will be supported by nine platform and product marketing heads. Shaun Dorrington will lead marketing in the UK, with Matt Coombe remaining the head of brand and consumer activity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £25,000 - £30,000 , Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44