Michael Barrett tipped to leave Yahoo
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 18 October 2012 10:04AM
Yahoo is reportedly losing Michael Barrett, chief revenue officer, in yet another change at the top of the business.
Barrett was hired in June by Ross Levinsohn, interim chief executive, prior to the appoitment of Marissa Mayer as chief executive. He is responsible for Yahoo's ad revenue and operations in the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions.
Barrett joined Yahoo from Google’s Admeld, where he was chief executive. He has also worked with Levinsohn at Fox Interactive Media.
According to several US reports, Barrett’s departure, which has been touted since Levinsohn left the business, became more certain when Mayer appointed Google executive Henrique de Castro as its new chief operating officer this week, with sales moving into his remit.
Yahoo said it could not confirm his departure.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Media Manager (Planning) Save the Children £36,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Retail Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, Manchester
- Marketing Campaigns Officer Brand Recruitment £37000 per annum, Peterborough
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + pro rata - 6 month contract, West London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity