3 great ads I had nothing to do with: Channel 4 "meet the superhumans"
By Thinkbox, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 19 October 2012 10:00AM
Channel 4 launched its biggest ever marketing campaign on 17 July to promote coverage of the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
The 90-second film, called "meet the superhumans", was broadcast at 9.00pm concurrently across 78 different UK television channels, including all of Channel 4's networks, ITV1, Five, Sky One, Eurosport and all of UKTV's channels.
Set to the track, 'Harder Than You Think' by hip hop legends, Public Enemy, the film showcases the abilities of some of the leading UK Paralympians, represents some of the unique stories behind the elite athletes, and shows the herculean efforts that have gone into their preparation for the Games.
The TV campaign formed the second phase in Channel 4's marketing campaign for the London 2012 Paralympic Games, which began earlier in the month of July with a series of promotional trails introducing leading British Paralympic athletes and Paralympic themed Channel 4 idents.
In the build-up to the Games, the campaign also encompassed major outdoor poster, press and digital activity as Channel 4 delivered on its commitment to bring a new audience to the Paralympic Games and raised awareness of Paralympic sport.
The campaign was commissioned by Channel 4 marketing, and conceived and directed by Tom Tagholm, for Channel 4's in-house agency, 4creative.
To see more films in this series, visit Three Great Ads I Had Nothing To Do With
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham