Video: Ikea's Peter Wright on its upcoming music video style ads
Peter Wright, marketing manager for UK and Ireland at Ikea, said he plans to completely "transform and revitalise" the brand in the UK with its latest ads taking on the form of "music videos".
In the video interview below, Wright said: "[Ikea is] moving from talking about products to talking about activities in the home. It's actually going to be done in the style of music videos. They're all up and coming artists so there will be a series of up and coming re-recording of tracks."
Wirght also talks about the biggest challenge currently facing the brand and offers his advice to people hoping to break into the marketing industry.Follow @brproducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Kingsgate Recruitment £35,000 - £40,000, London (East), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager f1 Recruitment Up to £50,000 depending on experience, Hertfordshire
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account
- Made.com makes Scottish Referendum marketing "blunder"