Mathew Horne tells cinema goers to 'CoppaFeel!' in breast cancer awareness ad
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 October 2012 01:04PM
Archibald Ingall Stretton has recruited 'Gavin and Stacey' star Mathew Horne in a new campaign that instructs cinema goers to give their "boobs" some attention for breast cancer charity CoppaFeel.
The ad features a black screen, over which Horne states: "Oi, oi! The lights are down. It's the perfect time for a quickie. Right, stop fiddling with your popcorn and put your hands to good use. G'on – give your boobs some attention. CoppaFeel!"
The ad reveals the reason for Horne's instructions, with the line, "The better you know them, the more likely you'll notice when something changes."
The ad follows last year's "Hello Boobs" campaign that parodied the iconic Wonderbra campaign. The ad will be played in 500 cinemas across the UK.
The charity, which is aimed at young people, promotes the early detection of breast cancer through education about its signs and symptoms, encouraging people to check regularly and seek medical advice when concerns arise.
Kris Hallenga, founder and chief executive of CoppaFeel!, said: "We're constantly pushing the boundaries of awareness and education, and this is yet another great way to get people thinking about their boobs and reminding them to check them regularly.
"The only way we can make boob-checking part of everyday routine is by integrating messages like this into everyday life. Mat Horne was the perfect guy, with the perfect voice, to deliver this potentially lifesaving message in a cheeky yet credible way, which we hope will leave a lasting impression on everyone watching movies at the cinema during the campaign period."
Copywriter Kieran Ainsworth worked on the ad, with art director Leanne Holloway and planner Adele Meer. Production company Rorschach worked on the campaign, with media planning and buying handled by Arena Media.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Demand Generation Manager Salt £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus, London
- Senior Programmatic Sales Manager - Native Adtech Platform Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + commission and benefits , London
- Junior Marketing Analyst-Leading Publisher Salt £24000 - £26000 per annum, Cambridge