Jack Wills to drop Aubin & Wills brand
Clothing company Jack Wills is closing its Aubin & Wills brand in a move that it claims will allow it to invest in the overseas expansion and online presence of its core Jack Wills brand.
The Aubin & Wills brand was launched at the back end of 2008 to target "post-university" consumers, as opposed to the university-focused Jack Wills brand. It has since grown to include 12 Aubin & Wills stores and a staff of around 190.
Aubin & Wills will continue to trade as normal up until Christmas, but the entire staff are entering into a consultation period with immediate effect.
Jack Wills claimed it would convert some Aubin & Wills stores into Jack Wills stores, "where possible", early next year, but was unable to confirm how many of the 12 stores would be forced to close.
The retailer said it would redeploy as many Aubin & Wills staff as possible to Jack Wills in order to "minimise any proposed redundancies".
In a statement, Jack Wills added: "In order to focus on the global rollout of Jack Wills and the significant international opportunity for the brand, we have decided not to expand the Aubin & Wills estate and to close the current stores.
"This will enable us to continue to grow Jack Wills internationally, raise our global digital and online expectations, and drive Jack Wills UK like-for-like sales over our competitors."
Jack Wills sales increased 32% to £121.8m last year, but profits fell by £4m to £12m, after about £20m was invested in new stores.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Designer - Web Design, Campaigns, Great Benefits ADLIB Upto £26k, Gloucestershire
- Media Sales Surrey and Berkshire Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'