Tim Davie to head BBC Worldwide
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 19 October 2012 02:31PM
Tim Davie, the BBC's director of audio and music, is to become chief executive of BBC Worldwide, succeeding John Smith who is leaving the corporation after 23 years
The move is part of a shake-up announced by BBC director general George Entwistle.
Davie has been the BBC's director of audio and music since 2008, prior to which he was director of BBC's marketing, communications and audience division. He is also a former PepsiCo marketer.
During his tenure, John Smith has overseen an expansion in the size and operations of the organisation's commercial arm.
He presided over BBC Worldwide's domestic and international TV services, such as BBC America and the global expansion of the 'Doctor Who' franchise, the BBC.com website, and its magazine operations, which have now been sold off.
The bulk of the revenue at BBC Worldwide comes from its TV brands such as 'Doctor Who' and 'Top Gear'.
Prior to his time as BBC Worldwide chief executive, Smith was the BBC's chief operating officer and finance director.
Davie will take over as chief executive from December.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff