Vevo hires former C4 digital chief Errol Baran as commercial director
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 22 October 2012 08:30AM
Vevo, the music video site, has hired Errol Baran, former head of future and digital media advertising at Channel 4, as its new commercial director.
Baran worked at Channel 4 for 11 years. Under his leadership it became the first major broadcaster to develop a range of different digital ad formats and he led its on-demand advertising deal with Virgin Media. He left in December last year amid a restructure of the sales team.
He fills the commercial director role left vacant after a restructure at Vevo last July, which led to the departure of Jonathan Lewis, UK managing director, and Jon Lewin, commercial director. Lewis now works at Baran’s previous employer Channel 4 as head of digital and partnership innovation, a role formed by the restructure.
Baran start at the business today, reporting into Nic Jones, senior vice president, international, Vevo, who runs the UK operation.
Jones told Media Week: "Errol is a fabulous hire and his track record at Channel 4 speaks for itself."
Vevo, which launched 18 months ago, has struck commercial deals with brands including Unilever’s Lynx, HSBC and Magners, in the UK.
Jones said that the main focus for Vevo now is expanding the business to more international markets.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- SEO Director Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Strategist Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits + Bonus, London
- Search Executive Dot-Gap £26k, London (Greater)
- Head of Search - SEO Ultimate Asset £50000 - £65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, Reigate
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014