Duracell encourages battery re-use with Energy Saving Trust
Duracell, the P&G-owned battery brand, is pushing the "power check" function on its Ultra Power batteries as part of a partnership with the Energy Saving Trust.
Duracell claims that some high-drain devices such as digital cameras or MP3 players may stop working before a battery's power is used up, due to a power default switch inside the device, which can leave up to 66% worth of power unused.
It has created a campaign encouraging people to use the power check function to find out if a battery still has enough energy to be used in low-drain devices such as alarm clocks or TV remotes.
The campaign includes an online video that shows a giant Duracell Bunny being created out of wire, reclaimed devices and LED lights.
The video demonstrates how there is enough power left in the 192 discarded Duracell batteries hooked up to the sculpture, to power the 700 lights that light up the bunny.
Leigh Tomlinson, business leader at Duracell UK and Ireland, said: "Duracell batteries are designed to get high performance out of high-drain devices like digital cameras and out of frequently used devices such as MP3 players, remote control toys and video game controllers.
"The Powercheck function shows you how much power is left straight away, helping maximize power use and reduce wastage."
Philip Sellwood, chief executive of the Energy Saving Trust, said: "In partnership with Duracell, we have created practical guidance on how this waste of energy can be avoided and how batteries can be used more efficiently in the home."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Copywriter Dubai MCG Associates Salary tax free plus relocation costs plus private healthcare, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Advertising Sales Account Manager - Lifestyle Brand - Publisher Silverdrum £35,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Manager - Head - Corporate Marketing PSD Group Up to £80,000 + car allowance + package, London (Greater)