Jamie Oliver launches exclusive food range for Boots
Alliance Boots has partnered Jamie Oliver to launch a "deli-inspired" lunchtime range of food called Jamie Does Lunch.
The range goes on sale from today (22 October) and marks the first time the celebrity chef and former Sainsbury's brand ambassador has launched an "on-the-go" range with a high street retailer.
Boots is launching the range at 100 Boots stores that are popular commuter sites across the UK in order to target lunchtime customers.
Alex Gourlay, chief executive of the health and beauty division at Alliance Boots, said: "The introduction of the new Jamie Does Lunch range is another positive step in the expansion of our healthy, convenient food offering."
The premium range will consist of 21 options and will comprise sandwiches, wraps, salads and dips. Prices run from £1.95 for hummus dip sticks up to £4.00 for an Italian-inspired sandwich called Muffuletta. Other options include Empire chicken salad and Bombay potatoes and carrot salad.
Boots will offer 50p off every item in the range until 13 November in order to encourage customers to try out the Jamie Does Lunch range.
In May, news broke that Boots was also planning to launch a range around evening meals and may even move into selling wine as part of a push to build market share.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Agency Sales Manager - soft-sell, premium inventory, top site! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, West End
- Insights Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Audience Development Director - SEO, Social & Content - CLIENT Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + bens, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account