Media Week Awards sold out for second consecutive year
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 22 October 2012 10:44AM
The Media Week Awards has officially sold out for the second year running with 1,300 of the great and the good of media set to gather at the Grosvenor House Hotel this Thursday (25 October) for the biggest night in the industry calendar.
This year saw a 17% rise in entries with some of the year's most impressive media work examined by a team of more than 40 industry leaders from the world of media.
The judging panels were co-chaired by Karen Blackett, chief executive of MediaCom, and Jonathan Allan, sales director of Channel 4.
This year’s shortlist for the prestigious Sales Team of the Year award includes TV network ITV, radio network Global Radio, out-of-home specialists JCDecaux and Ocean Outdoor and newspaper publisher The Telegraph.
Competing for Agency of the Year are Omnicom agencies Manning Gottlieb OMD and PHD, MPG Media Contacts, ZenithOptimedia, Carat and independent agency the7stars.
Those in contention for Media Brand of the Year include TalkSport and Sport Magazine, Shortlist Media, Sky for Sky Go, Dennis Publishing’s The Week and digital music platform Spotify.
Other awards categories include the Grand Prix International Campaign and Media Innovation, as well as an expanded research category and a separate Rising Star award to recognise upcoming talent in both media owners and media agencies.
Jeremy King, editor of Media Week, said: "We are delighted that the Media Week Awards have sold out for the second successive year. It highlights the high esteem with which the brand is held in the sector and also the level of importance placed on competing to win a Media Week Award from the industry’s leading companies."
The list of those attending the event is set to be a who’s who of media and is an ideal time to network with your peers.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Campaign Manager,Professional services,London,£50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44