Media Week Awards sold out for second consecutive year
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 22 October 2012 10:44AM
The Media Week Awards has officially sold out for the second year running with 1,300 of the great and the good of media set to gather at the Grosvenor House Hotel this Thursday (25 October) for the biggest night in the industry calendar.
This year saw a 17% rise in entries with some of the year's most impressive media work examined by a team of more than 40 industry leaders from the world of media.
The judging panels were co-chaired by Karen Blackett, chief executive of MediaCom, and Jonathan Allan, sales director of Channel 4.
This year’s shortlist for the prestigious Sales Team of the Year award includes TV network ITV, radio network Global Radio, out-of-home specialists JCDecaux and Ocean Outdoor and newspaper publisher The Telegraph.
Competing for Agency of the Year are Omnicom agencies Manning Gottlieb OMD and PHD, MPG Media Contacts, ZenithOptimedia, Carat and independent agency the7stars.
Those in contention for Media Brand of the Year include TalkSport and Sport Magazine, Shortlist Media, Sky for Sky Go, Dennis Publishing’s The Week and digital music platform Spotify.
Other awards categories include the Grand Prix International Campaign and Media Innovation, as well as an expanded research category and a separate Rising Star award to recognise upcoming talent in both media owners and media agencies.
Jeremy King, editor of Media Week, said: "We are delighted that the Media Week Awards have sold out for the second successive year. It highlights the high esteem with which the brand is held in the sector and also the level of importance placed on competing to win a Media Week Award from the industry’s leading companies."
The list of those attending the event is set to be a who’s who of media and is an ideal time to network with your peers.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- SEO Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show