Media Week Awards sold out for second consecutive year
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 22 October 2012 10:44AM
The Media Week Awards has officially sold out for the second year running with 1,300 of the great and the good of media set to gather at the Grosvenor House Hotel this Thursday (25 October) for the biggest night in the industry calendar.
This year saw a 17% rise in entries with some of the year's most impressive media work examined by a team of more than 40 industry leaders from the world of media.
The judging panels were co-chaired by Karen Blackett, chief executive of MediaCom, and Jonathan Allan, sales director of Channel 4.
This year’s shortlist for the prestigious Sales Team of the Year award includes TV network ITV, radio network Global Radio, out-of-home specialists JCDecaux and Ocean Outdoor and newspaper publisher The Telegraph.
Competing for Agency of the Year are Omnicom agencies Manning Gottlieb OMD and PHD, MPG Media Contacts, ZenithOptimedia, Carat and independent agency the7stars.
Those in contention for Media Brand of the Year include TalkSport and Sport Magazine, Shortlist Media, Sky for Sky Go, Dennis Publishing’s The Week and digital music platform Spotify.
Other awards categories include the Grand Prix International Campaign and Media Innovation, as well as an expanded research category and a separate Rising Star award to recognise upcoming talent in both media owners and media agencies.
Jeremy King, editor of Media Week, said: "We are delighted that the Media Week Awards have sold out for the second successive year. It highlights the high esteem with which the brand is held in the sector and also the level of importance placed on competing to win a Media Week Award from the industry’s leading companies."
The list of those attending the event is set to be a who’s who of media and is an ideal time to network with your peers.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - Manchester Network Career Consultants £50000 - £60000 per annum, Manchester
- Direct Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £23000 - £25000 per annum, Witney
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad